JUDITH NEILSON YOUNG ARTIST PROGRAMME – PIANIST
Established in 1999 as a non-profit performing arts company, Cape Town Opera is based at the Artscape Theatre Centre in the Foreshore area of Cape Town and is currently South Africa’s only full-time opera company. The recipient of two International Opera Awards, annual activities include fully staged opera productions in Cape Town, national music education programs for primary and secondary school learners, and national and international touring of operas and concerts. The company has a current staff complement of 4 soloists, 18 chorus members, 9 young artists and 25 artistic and administrative staff, overseen by a seven-member Board of Directors.
Cape Town Opera is inviting pianists to join the Judith Neilson Young Artist Programme. Pianists interested in learning the necessary skills to become repetiteurs and vocal coaches are encouraged to apply. South African citizens and international applicants are welcome.
What we are looking for:
– Someone with a passion for opera and who enjoys working with young and more experienced singers.
– Experience in accompanying singers or instrumentalists.
– Solid musical and technical skills on the piano, confidence in stylistic aspects.
– Basic knowledge of operatic languages (Italian, German, French) is beneficial.
What we offer:
– An environment which strives for an excellent standard of performance.
– A structure that allows applicants to evolve in artistic and personal aspects.
– Learning of standard repertoire and, additional coaching preparing for standard International audition repertoire
– A vibrant city that offers many opportunities within the musical landscape and beyond.
Please submit a complete CV and a Biography, along with 2 videos; one solo performance, one operatic scene of choice (with singer or which you are singing along to), to Lize Thomas – email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited to a live audition in Cape Town or on Zoom, by prior arrangement.
Deadline for submissions is 15 April 2023. Age limit for the programme is 32 years.
Cape Town Opera celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.
Cape Town Opera reserves the right not to make an appointment.