Cape Town Opera is looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager to assume responsibility for the following:
- Manage Cape Town Opera’s marketing and publicity portfolio, locally and internationally;
- Develop new and exciting marketing and publicity strategies to extend the reach of Cape Town Opera’s brand, locally and internationally;
The above position entails the performance of the following key responsibilities:
- Manage Cape Town Opera’s print, digital and other marketing and publicity;
- Reimagine and develop Cape Town Opera’s print, digital and other marketing and publicity;
- Oversee promotional events, including venue hire, branding and catering;
- Oversee design and implementation of marketing materials, which include press releases, programmes, annual reports, website updates, brochures and social media updates;
- Prepare and coordinate the filming of promotional material;
- Pitch material to the media, such as features, interviews and premieres;
- Liaise with design, print and related agencies;
- Build relationships with national and international partners;
- Implement and monitor audience development;
- Coordinate website, newsletter, social media and other promotion copy;
- Manage and develop Cape Town Opera profiling and brand;
- Manage marketing department income and expenditure;
- Report to Cape Town Opera Board on all marketing and publicity activities;
- Supervision of staff involved in the marketing department;
- Marketing experience and expertise;
- Knowledge of and experience in current digital technology and platforms, influencer marketing, search engine optimization and other related skills;
- Dynamic, outgoing and engaging interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think out of the box to develop new marketing strategies;
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
- An excellent command of verbal and written English;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Professional manner and appearance;
- Proficiency in general computer software programs (Word, Excel, Mailchimp);
- Knowledge of and/or interest in opera and the performing arts would be an advantage;
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- SA driver’s license
The position is full-time and will be based at CTO’s offices at Artscape, Cape Town. Occasional travel within South Africa and possibly abroad is required. Applicants must legally be allowed to work in South Africa. Application deadline is on 31 March 2021. Anticipated start date for the position 1 May 2021. CTO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable to the position.
- Your CV, along with three contactable references.
- A sample of a Marketing proposal written by you (maximum 2 pages).
To: CTO’s Human Resource Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.